Cultural Heritage Law
The professionals of Montani Tesei law office have gained a solid experience in cultural heritage law alongside private clients as collectors and corporations in management operations, protection and enhancement of their cultural heritage and public assets.
The law firm assists the operations between private parties and between its clients and the public administration aimed at the protection and enhancement of public cultural assets. Furthermore, the law office assists its clients to relate with national institutions, superintendencies and MIBACT (Ministry of Cultural Assets and Activities), offering support also in the phase before ordinary and administrative court.
In this field, the law office offers advice on:
- Sponsorship and Art Bonus contracts
- Creation of non-profit foundations and associations and ONLUS for the protection and management of cultural heritage
- Tax and legal assistance for cultural and creative start-ups
- Assistance in attributional phase of the artwork
- Legal due diligence of ancient and modern artwork
- Relations with the MIBACT and the national territorial superintendencies
- Assistance in sales with auction houses in Italy and abroad
- Support in sale of cultural assets between private parties in Italy and abroad
- Circulation of cultural heritage in EU and non-EU territories
- Request for the release of free circulation certificates
- Import of cultural asset in the Italian territory
- Insurance and carriage contracts
- Contracts and legal opinions for exhibitions
- Loan and loan for free use contracts between national and international private entities
- Donation and generational handovers of placed cultural heritage and collections.